Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lucius- caring to his horse

I just wanted to share that I LOVED the last line of part 20 where Lucius thanks the storyteller.

"Quod beneficium etiam illum vectorem meum credo laetari, sine fatigatione sui me usque ad istam civitatis portam non dorso illius sed meis auribus provecto."

Perhaps it is because I am a horse lover, but I love that he refers to his horse as his 'ride' and then in the same sentence attributes human feelings to the horse. I find it funny that he seems almost to be thanking the storyteller not on his own behalf, but on behalf of his horse. Also, I love the poetic metaphor of being carried by your ears. It is so true though that when you are doing something strenuous it doesn't seem as hard if you are doing something enjoyable at the same time ( such as listening to a story or talking).

No comments: